Topband: Portable transmit antenna suggestions?

n4is at comcast.net n4is at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 20:34:21 EST 2021

Hi Luke

The best signal ever on 160m from that part of the world was possible  and only possible with the vertical IN the salt water. The radials making electrical contact with the water. Pleas talk with George, he developed a simple vertical in U shape ., good for 80m and 160m, he used it in Chesterfield.
> http://www.tx3a.com/

Whatever you do , even 43FT ( 12m) high like the one George used on KH1 will work very well IN the water , not close to the water, or near the water.

73's
JC
N4IS