Topband: Helium Ballon & SPE on 160m FT8

Adrian vk4tux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 23:07:49 EDT 2021

Hi Luke, I have been working USA without issue, incl last night, However
Europe was poor early this morning,

probably due to a slight breeze coming up. which brings the tethered
balloon down substantially with a bad angle.

For operation analysis, I usually watch
https://wind.willyweather.com.au/qld/darling-downs/laidley-heights.html

for wind conditions , which is useful, but like most weather forecasts,
not always accurate, but a good guide.

This Sunday coming looks like a good time to setup again.

73

Adrian Fewster