Topband: Elementary Inverted L questions

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Thu Mar 25 19:45:30 EDT 2021

Pete,

I was going to suggest possible interference to your measurement by a local BC
station.  I have a couple of very strong stations near me, one on 1550 kHz
running 50KW. They are about -3 dBm on my 160 inverted-L.  But I just finished
looking at my antenna with my AA-55 Zoom and I saw no issues.  In the AZ sun I
saw no display either and had to save traces and come inside :-)  One of the
reasons I don't like this box.  The FA-VA5 is the only VIA, out of 5, that I
have that I can read in sunlight.

Wes  N7WS