Topband: Corner insulator of Inverted L

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 09:32:26 EDT 2021

I'm in the process of putting my inverted L back up, and have a
construction question - how do you position and attach the corner
insulator?  My support for the vertical section is an old maple, plenty
tall but only really reachable with a pull-up rope by firing a
tennis-ball gun over it.  The first time I put this up, I used a pulley
with a deep insulated sleeve and passed the inverted L wire through the
pulley.  Neat, it seemed - the corner was automatically positioned to
keep the vertical portion the right length.  Unfortunately, over a year
or so, the antenna wire flexing over the  pulley caused it to break, so
this time around I'd like to use a rope through the pulley and an
insulator at the corner.  Question is how best to do it, to minimize
strain on the antenna wire, making it more durable.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.