Topband: Small Loop does not receive weak signal on 160m BOUVET RX SPOILER

David Raymond daraymond at iowatelecom.net
Sat Dec 24 20:25:31 EST 2022

There's no need for a lot of real estate to get good RX performance.
The Hi-Z three element and four element phased vertical arrays have a
small footprint and yield a worthwhile and useful RDF.  The vertical
elements are essentially ground independent, can be made of almost
anything, and can be any reasonable length (obviously shorter elements
have less capture area).  I have no fiduciary interest in Hi-Z or DXE
but am a very satisfied, long term user of the Hi-Z-300 eight circle array.

73. . . Dave, W0FLS