Topband: Radials on ground v FCP

Kenny Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 13:42:31 EST 2022

N6BT’s ring is pretty flexible in its dimensions. It can be 3 or 4 sides (or anywhere in between) and can handle some variation in symmetry.

I’ve been having issues finding a solution to the high tree attenuation on my property and I had an inverted L with the ring and another inverted L 340’ away with 60 x 100’ radials.  The model showed there was some interaction between the 2 antennas so exact difference was not known. But basically the ring was very close to the 60 radial version.

One of the key issues is making sure the inverted L section is close to resonance. If it’s short, more current is moved into the ring which is not desirable.

Regards , Kenny K2KW