Topband: 1/4 wave sloper..aka half sloper.

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 16 14:00:56 EST 2022

On 1/16/2022 1:06 AM, Robert Parkes via Topband wrote:
> With regard to the discussion on 1/4 wave slopers are members feeding the sloper at the top end against the tower or at the bottom against the ground system ?

I have two quarter-wave slopers on opposite sides of a 120 ft tower with
bonded aluminum on top that lengthens it electrically. The quarter-wave
wire are insulated from the top and held about 5 ft from the top. The
antennas are fed, one at a time, from the base against 4 radials
elevated gull-wing style to about 20 ft (height not well controlled).
The grounded tower has about 8 on-ground radials (it's a passive
reflector for the sloping wires).

73, Jim K9YC