Topband: High winds flapping the L/FCP

Guy Olinger K2AV k2av.guy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:48:26 EDT 2022

Had a very gusty March 7 here in eastern North Carolina blowing the
L/FCP all over. Did some 160m R,X,SWR scans to see the electrical
result of that, recording them to graphical format. Was not expecting
what I got.

Would you have guessed that there is a way for the wind to wobble an
antenna wire, so that the feed X would wobble, the feed SWR wobble
worse, and the feed R would not? Text and graphics at:

k2av.com/Snips.20220323.html

Snips are a new format on k2av.com so I can post to list-servers using
short messages with a link  without loading the list with
illustrations or detailed text, and save pix and text in an accessible
place where people can get to them without having to dig through
archives. Then I can post with careful language, illustrations, keep
them indexed and available and *editable* on the web site for later
readers.

A short format for curiosities, oddities, new understandings, answers
to posts on list-servers, etc.

Enjoy.

73, Guy K2AV