Topband: What antenna would you build?

Charlie k1xx at k1xx.com
Fri Mar 25 14:43:04 EDT 2022

Sorry folks, I don't totally agree.  Granted, this may be a bit of semantics.  But, for the last  3 or 4 years we've used what's  known as a Double L on 160 at PJ4K.  The top's about 130 feet with the vertical section running down to 30 feet.  The feed points at about 85 feet which is a bit of a PITA for making measurements.  Is half of this bent 1/2-wave dipole the great ground system?  You guys can argue the point.

However, this is a very effective transmitting antenna.  So good, in fact, that we just finished phasing a second identical Double L with the first one.

I do agree that you can't work 'em without hearing them.  Hence the reason for our pair of w1fv circular arrays.

73 Charlie, k1xx current putting up antennas at PJ4A