Topband: Non-amateur stations in Europe on 1860 and 1900 kHz

Roger Kennedy roger at wessexproductions.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 13:59:47 EDT 2022

Yes these signals are very strong here in Britain . . . they're about 3kHz
wide, and are usually S9 +30dB.

Someone told me they're from a company that sells Data Transmission to
companies that need to get data to lots of different locations . . . that's
why they use Shortwave Frequencies. (He told me their name, but I've
forgotten)

There are lots of them all over the place, but most of them are just outside
the Amateur Bands . . . there's one just below 1.8 and another just above
2.0 . . . there are others just above and below 80m . . . I've also heard
several around 5MHz.

So how is the QRN doing over there now? Any likelihood of 160m activity from
the USA soon?

Roger G3YRO