Topband: The "new" Topband

K9FD merv.k9fd at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:50:23 EDT 2022

During my 22 years living on Molokai I was very active on 630,
first with experimental license, then with ham when it opened.

worked VK, ZL, JA, All of USA, South America, ZF, KL7, VE etc etc,
received reports
from many others including Europe.  All with 1 watt into the antenna.
I moved back to K9 land Jan 2022,
I used my 160m Inv L with a large variometer at the base to tune it,
had 120 -  350 ft radials and 120 - 60 ft radials so no lack of ground,
about a mile or so from ocean on 3 sides.  Former 50kw KAIM BC station
location
about a mile from the old Loran installation on Ilio point.
yes tried 630.
73Merv K9FD