Topband: AM broadcast multiplexing

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Apr 22 15:43:56 EDT 2023

On 4/22/2023 10:02 AM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> I am always amazed at the hams who will buy a home within sight of a
> broadcast tower.

Or this church, on a lot that borders a 50KW rig on 1160 kHz. I used
this photo in a talk about RFI in church sound systems. At the time,
many microphones and the most popular mic mixers had bad Pin One
Problems, and the most widely used cables for rack wiring and mic snakes
were of a type that convert shield current to a signal on the balanced
pair.

k9yc.com/WJJD-Church.png

I can post a link to a talk I did for the Chicago AES Section in 2004 if
anyone is interested. It discusses the mechanisms in detail.

73 Jim K9YC