Topband: Beverage Antennas on Sloping Ground

Chuck Dietz w5prchuck at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 14:11:28 EDT 2023

Am I correct in assuming that Beverage wires sloping downward from the feed
point to the termination will work better than ones that slope upward? I
have two places I would like to put bidirectional Beverages, but they are
both on sloping ground. I’m wondering if it would be worth the effort to
make them bidirectional or should I just go with unidirectional ones toward
the downslope direction? Soil is good and the slope would be about 10’ or a
little less in the 500’ or so lengths. They will be about 10’ high so the
tractor will go under them. Quiet country local.

Thanks,

Chuck W5PR