Topband: Topband DX/NVIS

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 06:01:17 EDT 2023

When first married, 48 years ago, I ran a wire around the small yard at the house we rented.  I don’t think any part of that end fed wire was more than 15 feet off the ground and there was nothing more than a short piece of pipe driven in the ground.  I had a Drake B Line and no amplifier.  One night I was thrilled when several European stations I worked were moving the S Meter on the R-4B to way over S9 - in Arkansas!  Not sure I’ve ever heard Europeans so loud in Arkansas with big antennas.

One day I’ll stumble onto my logbooks from the earlier days and perhaps post the day to see what others might have experienced that night.  Either that or I’ll find out it was a really vivid/realistic dream that I’ve carried with me for nearly five decades.

73  Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPhone