Topband: ARRL 160m Contest

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Tue Dec 5 15:43:53 EST 2023

I came on Saturday morning only for a short time, starting around 1015 Z.
The boat was anchored off Christmas Island, T32.
NA signals were generally strong. Many East Coast stations were S6 to S7.
West coast stations were often S9. ZF2VE was S9+. I thought that conditions
(here) very very good. (T32 is about 1200 miles south of KH6.)

I tried later for EU SS, but no luck.
I had a kW and a 50 foot vertical (plus salt-water all around).
73,
AA7JV/MM