Topband: NCC-2 antenna pattern?

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sun Dec 17 14:12:16 EST 2023

I think the concern about overload is another reason to not consider it.
That box is not designed to handle a strong signal like another transmitter.

One other solution is to try and come up with a coax length that presents
an out of phase signal at the right amplitude to cancel it out on the 2nd
receiver.  I know W8JI has done this on 160.

I have been successful with in-band receiving on 160 with a loop antenna
about 800 feet away from the TX vertical with the null parked on the TX
antenna.  On 20 meters, I have done it with about 500 feet separation.
It's obviously a lot easier with low power (like used in the NAQP).  The
K5KA muiti-ops used an all band vertical for RX for the in band radios.

Tree N6TR

Tree N6TR