Topband: Inverted L Question

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 17:21:07 EST 2023

FWIW, for 160 I used my old 97-foot Rohn 25 tower, with 2 tribanders and
a 40M 2-el on it, shunt fed at about 50 feet.  I had a pair of 300 uf
variable caps at the bottom, one in series with the feed and the other
in parallel.  It proved to be easy to tune to low SWR once I discovered
that the local 500-watt radio station on 1500+ KHz went to low power at
6 pm, so my MFJ analyzer didn't freak out from the received signal.

73, Pete N4ZR