Topband: 160 ain't dead yet.

Henk PA5KT pa5kt at remijn.net
Fri Feb 24 05:38:26 EST 2023

Roger,

It is a matter of definition of what you call Good conditions.

To me the average conditions are if I hear eastern states in the VE1,
VE2, W1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 call areas..

Conditions are good when I also hear VE3, W0, W4, W5.

Conditions are very good if I can hear all of North America.

During the CQ160 contest conditions were above average as I heard all
east coast states and some Midwest.

This weekend I only heard VE1, VE2, eastern VE3, W1, W2, W3 and NC and
FL. To me that qualifies as bad.

It looks like the polar activity absorbed everything west of W3.
Additional to that signals were below average.

73 Henk PA5KT