Topband: Conditions Improving?

kq2m at kq2m.com kq2m at kq2m.com
Mon Jan 9 11:50:01 EST 2023

Good cndx no surprise - the K index dropped to 0 for a few hours and
then stayed at k=1.
TN8K was audible here for several hours in and out, with long and deep
fades but peaking briefly ~ 569, and definitely favoring stations in the
Mid-western, Western and Southern US.  I'm using an Inv L with 3
elevated radials so signal strengths were certainly better at the
serious 160 stations.  I also heard a lot of EU stations work TN8K most
of which were < 559.

Maybe 160 ops should complain about cndx more often?  LOL!

73

Bob, KQ2M