Topband: spot

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jan 9 16:30:57 EST 2023

On 1/9/2023 9:47 AM, Steve London wrote:
> What kind of card checking is done for LoTW confirmations ?

There are, unfortunately, some inconsiderate hams who won't use LOTW.
Thankfully, fewer as time goes by. When we were kids, the "final
courtesy of a QSO" was a QSL, and postage was 2-3 cents. Now it's LOTW.

I'm chasing the FFMA award on 6M, and currently have about a dozen cards
from rare grids to be checked, in addition to 5-6 cards for DXCC. That's
three years worth. The storms caused me to cancel an end-of-year
appointment with our card-checker, about 50 miles up the coast.

73, Jim K9YC