Topband: 160M Conditions

Roger Stein burch.craft at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 10:00:14 EST 2023

Shucks Pete, that’s propagation for you. I snared 37 DXC in last nights session from here in Nova Scotia with my K2AV FCP and SAL-20 or new SGA, (Shared Ground Array) beta version from Mark. Running just 600 watts.  Many, many, did I say many? US stations could not hear the EU DX and plopped on top of them calling CQ. They must not hear either side of the QSO.

And…it still doesn’t do calling stations any good plopping dead zero beat along with the horde, the runner cannot separate you, so we tune off freq to catch the copyable call signs.

That ever happen to you Pete??? Oh well end of rant.

See you tonight and may the Propagation be with you!

73, Roger VA1RST Halifax NS

Sent from my iPhone