Topband: [PVRC] 2-element receiving arrays

Frank W3LPL donovanf at starpower.net
Thu Mar 30 22:47:53 EDT 2023

Hi Dave,

Anyone who has experimented with a high impedance antenna such
as an end fed half wave has experienced the extreme environmental
influence on the feedpoint impedance of a high impedance feed.

The required spacing to trees and buildings is very difficult to predict
with any confidence. The impedance of a high impedance element
-- and hence the amount of voltag if feeds into the preamp --
is heavily influenced by its immediate environment.

If all of the high impedance verticals in an array do not produce the
same voltages from the signals received by the array, the pattern
of the array and especially its nulls are significantly degraded.

73
Frank
W3LPL