Topband: Wednesday activity report

Mark Lunday wd4elg at outlook.com
Wed Nov 1 20:52:17 EDT 2023

OK1CF/Karel heard about 0040 UTC calling CQ, very deep QSB going from Q5 copy down to nothing and back again.  K4TL worked him from Florida but I was not heard.

I called CQ numerous times but no replies.  Even with 500 watts I was not making it onto any of the RBN spotters from EU.

Went up to 80 with 500 watts and was spotted by G4IRN.

This is depressing.  I don't have high hopes for the 160 meter contest in December.  What a difference from 2009-2010 when 100 watts easily got me into EU and middle east.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4elg at arrl.net<mailto:wd4elg at arrl.net>
http://wd4elg.blogspot.com
SKCC #16439  FISTS #17972  QRP ARCI #16497