Topband: No joy in Mudville Florida

David Raymond daraymond at iowatelecom.net
Tue Oct 17 13:37:11 EDT 2023

Here in Iowa, I got on TB last evening around 0015z and found OK1CF,
EU's beacon, CQing with a very good S5 signal (he's normally just above
the noise) and quickly completed a Q.  I then saw 5B4AMX spotted and
found him CQing without many callers.  He was weak, about 339/449 but I
completed a Q.  He then began quickly building. . .within 10 or 15
minutes he was peaking an honest S7, doing a good job running the pile
and puttin' 'em in the log.   I QSYd to TV and returned about 0330z and
put nine more EUs in the log including an all time new callsign, DL5OCE.
. . so there is some prop and life in the band on CW.

73. . . Dave, W0FLS