Topband: Poor Conditions

Roger Kennedy roger at wessexproductions.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 05:04:54 EDT 2023

Well from all the various replies (some direct to me) I guess the Sunspot
Cycle DOES affect signals going over the Pole . . . but as I said before, I
have never really noticed much difference in DX signals on 160m generally.

But apart from that, as I've said before, conditions seem to have been
generally poor on Top Band for the past 20 years.

Prior to that, I remember calling in to NA SSB nets several nights a week .
. . and having regular SSB QSOs with VK/ZL.

And all my early NA QSOs 55 years ago were running a genuine 10 watts! (our
original legal power on 160m)

73 Roger G3YRO