Topband: KH8 Demand on TB

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Tue Oct 31 14:29:32 EDT 2023

Clive,

Point taken with a couple of buts.

1)  Optimum time for me in AZ is my sunrise, which today is 13:40Z.  My previous
QSOs were at 13:25 and 13:30Z.  At this time most of EU, NA and SA are in
daylight, minimizing QRN and QRM.

Your best opportunities are ~16:30Z; broad daylight for me and ~06:00Z, where
all of NA and SA are dark, maximizing my QRN and QRM.

2)  I would imagine that George, or any other DXpedition, wants to make contacts
and not call CQ
endlessly without answers, because the potential callers don't need a QSO.  I
would only call in that circumstance.

Regards, Wes  N7WS