Topband: KH8 Demand on TB

GEORGE WALLNER aa7jv at atlanticbb.net
Tue Oct 31 16:20:57 EDT 2023

Hi JC,
Thanks for the info on propagation. I am sure you are right, but we will be
on a north facing beach, with not much chance for LP to anywhere.

EU and NA East Coast will be very challenging, but that is why we do 160.
I will be testing a new vertical antenna for 160 that meets USFWS
requirement for a maximum height of 45 feet (13.7 m) and no top loading
wires! I am fairly confident that it will work (with salt-water ground) but
if necessary, I will extend the antenna to 65 feet and add top loading
wires. It may be that we will be a bit weaker in the first few days.

73,
George