Topband: 160 Retirement VO1HP

Frank invl160 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:23:58 EDT 2023

The time has come to downsize my operations. I  thought I would let my
Topband friends know that I have retired from 160M and will not appear on
the band this season.  Yesterday I took down my lowband tower which
supported an inverted L and FCP at my remote site.  The  "L" has been
coiled and ready to pass on to a younger addict!  I thank Guy K2AV for his
development work on the Folded Counterpoise. The FCP has proven to be very
effective for me.

 I have 77 turns on my coil and will not have to worry about the 100kmph+
winds, snows and ice of our Newfoundland winter,  battering away at my
overhead wires. I have 238 DXCC confirmed and have thoroughly enjoyed 160M
since my first QSO with Bob Kavanaugh VE1AXT in 1974. (Recently SK VE3OSZ)
There was one interruption of about 10 years in the 1980's when family and
professional duties combined with a lack of real estate kept me off the
band.

My forward focus will be on completion of 5BWAZ.  I need 4 Zones on 80M and
Zone 23 on 10M.

All the best to you Topbanders!

73
Frank VO1HP