Topband: HiZ 4-8 and beverages

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Tue Sep 19 20:12:42 EDT 2023

Ignacy,
   There are 2 things that come to mind with your array  elements as you describe them.
  The very first thing is when this has happened before it has been the result of not sufficient earth grounding from a ground rod mechanism at each element.
 This can result from insufficient ground rod size/length or the ground condition itself. Dry and or rocky soil is insufficient to cause a low impedance signal source to the Hi-Z amps and under extreme cases will cause a low frequency loss of performance. If this is the condition it can be remedied by installing 6 to 8 ground radials at each antenna element that are roughly the same length as the radiator itself. Space radials the same for all elements
   The second thing is your element description sounds as if you have used very small wire as the element itself at 18 feet length. These shortened elements exhibit a very small capacitance as the output impedance of the element itself. Larger diameters have a greater output capacitance which increases signal and also decreases the chance for differences between the elements.
   Personally I would add 2 or 3 more wires the length of each element to increase its apparent diameter. Then make sure there was a good earth ground under each element with and/or without adding radials.
 It also may be of help if you sent some element mounting and grounding pictures direct to me for comment.

Lee   K7TJR   OR