Topband: Upgrades to k2av.com

Guy Olinger K2AV k2av.guy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:44:11 EDT 2023

After a long medical issues delay, many upgrades to k2av.com are
completed and uploaded. In it we have addressed some number of issues
brought up in correspondence. Enjoy  :>)

73, Guy K2AV

Revisions Listing for k2av.com

V.2023.09.20

[All Articles] To support our international readers, historically 55%
of our readership, we have added a no-frame mode with a link-based
index with brief descriptions. This supports auto-translators embedded
in several popular browsers which no longer translate frame content.
>From k2av.com, you can access no-frame mode with the top left button
on the home page. The left margin green button index is omitted in the
no-frame mode. No-frame mode can be accessed directly with
k2av.com/NoFrameIndex.html, case-sensitive. The no-frame index has a
link which opens the home page in no-frame mode. The no-frame index
also includes brief article descriptions.

[Design Inverted L] [Place Inverted L] These two articles were
combined to reduce much duplicated material, place dependent materials
next to each other and improve reading flow. Old names are preserved
in the new html, linking directly to the new article content to keep
from breaking old direct external links saved by readers.

[Design/Place an Inverted L] This article addresses a decade's worth
of various issues and information proven to be important designing and
implementing an L at various installer's sites. The article has been
broken into sections and subsections with a descriptive index at the
head of the article.

[Design/Place an Inverted L] The new article contains an index to its
content. This addresses a common complaint: Needing to read the entire
long article from beginning to end to find something previously read.
Each index item contains a short description and a direct link to each
section and subsection of the article. Article content can also be
read sequentially without using the index, beginning just below the

Previous large subsections were broken up into multiple subsections.
Subsections are restricted to a limited number of short to medium
paragraphs. We hope the article's index will help a reader to return
later to a point of interest.

The entire index to can be read as text to get a quick understanding
of the range of issues that can affect installing an excellent L/FCP.

[Design/Place an Inverted L] content for hillside placements of L/FCP
is deferred, needing illustrations, and research to deal with
conflicting modeling results and the inability to enter this terrain
directly into EZNEC. This does not refer to "gradual slopes". The
listings are retained with a note.

[Illustrated articles] For the benefit of those using translators,
text embedded as graphics in .PNG and .GIF illustrations is repeated
separately in HTML text so that auto-translators are aware of it. Look
for translated illustration text in a box immediately after
illustrations. These graphics text HTML repeats will be added
gradually as time permits, without notice or version renumbering.

[Many articles] Readability Improvements and Clarifications after a
one year, four month hiatus. Due to various family medical issues this
work was necessarily set aside, leaving much to be done later. Many
thanks for readers' patience on delayed answers to correspondence.