Topband: Any Chinese stations with Big Sigs operating on 160?

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Wed Apr 3 10:57:50 EDT 2024

In the case of that 160 meter dipole it was almost always better as a
receive antenna for 80 meters. It was better at rejecting ferocious
local QRN than the 80 meter inverted-V. Absolute signal level always
dropped owing to the mismatch, but the noise level dropped even more
improving SNR (from really deaf to pretty deaf). I am sure there were
cases where the 80 meter inverted-V was better, but that was the
exception not the rule.

I agree that Ken has the nice problem of having lots of antennas to
chose from for RX :-)

73, Mike W4EF............