Topband: DXpedition Beverage Termination Grounding Schemes??

Frank W3LPL donovanf at starpower.net
Sun Apr 28 11:52:33 EDT 2024

Radial wires of any length are an effective Beverage termination,
preferably laid on the ground to minimize undesired signal
pickup and to avoid the need to use a resonant length.

Elevated radials should be resonant length and opposing each
other to cancel signal pickup.

For a permanent installation, chicken wire laid on the ground
is a superb termination. If laid under gently sloping wires at
each end of the Beverage it forms a transmission line that significantly
reduces unwanted pickup from what would otherwise be roughly 7 foot
omnidirectional vertical termination wires at each end of the Beverage.

73
Frank
W3LPL