Topband: Remotes

David Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Mon Feb 5 13:48:41 EST 2024

Hi Steve,

The horse has left the barn.  I have lost a bit of enthusiasm ever since
Maine became a hotspot for 160M into Europe a number of years ago.
There are so many "killer" remote stations in the state now. There is no
way I can really compete against it and it is very dis heartening to
hear the W7s using a Maine station and not signing as portable. I have
heard all the same stuff you were hearing this morning. There is really
nothing you or I can do about it.  Some follow the rules, and some will
bend them severely.  As for radio awards, W6PO commented years
ago...."It is just like collecting matchbook covers". I set my own
internal goals.

Dave K1WHS