Topband: 9M2AX finally after 15 years

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Feb 13 11:59:47 EST 2024

A great accomplishment that took 2 die-hard real TopBand men to make happen.

I always enjoyed the short writeup.  Good job both Steve/Ross.

A slight aside, but when I first worked a 9M on 160m there were several of
us in the Maritimes trying and on this particular day only one of us made
it.(myself)..no, this isn't leading up to a brag...on this particular day I
was the one using the WORST antenna out of our group as my main inverted L
was down.  I think it was a very low 160m dipole (or possibly full wave
loop) at 20 or 30'.

Still amazes me to this day what antenna is "sometimes" better in a small
percentage of cases.  I have a couple similar stories for 6m dx "back in the
day".

Keep up the great work you do Steve.    I enjoy your vids and posts here.

Cheers

Mike VE9AA

Mike - Keswick Ridge, NB, Canada