Topband: DXpedition Beverage Termination Grounding Schemes??

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 20:48:56 EST 2024

When I was lucky enough to get by with running a 1200 foot Beverage on the rocks about 15-20 feet from the sea across about ten properties, all it took on either end was a 20 foot wire soldered to a copper plate with a big rock on top in shallow water.  Best RX antenna I’ve ever had.

I would think attaching the termination resister to a long wire (quarter wavelength or more?) in the same direction as the Beverage wire would be good enough.  I seriously doubt you would actually notice a difference between that and either a ground rod or multiple wires fanned out.

73…Stan, ZF9CW