Topband: DXpedition Beverage Termination Grounding Schemes??

Steve Harrison k0xp at k0xp.com
Sat Mar 9 03:08:36 EST 2024

On 3/8/2024 6:02 PM, Frank W3LPL wrote:
> We used a chicken wire mat at each end of the Beverages (similar to NC0B's use of chicken wire on his verticals).
How large were the mats, and how were they laid out: in line with the
Beverages, or perpendicular?
> Instead of using a ground rod for each vertical I use eight 65 foot wires laid on the surface of the ground.

In-line, or perpendicular to the Beverages?

I recall that on a much-earlier posting, you mentioned laying down a
pair of 120-foot radials on the ground at the far end, I presume
perpendicular to the Beverages; but I don't recall whether you said to
use the same at the feed end? And what about where you are using the
same pole as the beginning of several Beverages heading off into the
back-40?

TNX,

Steve K0XP