Topband: CY9C

kolson at rcn.com kolson at rcn.com
Fri Sep 6 23:35:57 EDT 2024

On 9/6/2024 11:58 AM, Wilson Lamb via Topband wrote:
> I saw the comment that they were "CQing into callers."
> This breaks the dam for me.
> I'm sickened to almost giving up by the deplorable manners shown on the bands these days.
> Why shouldn't they CQ into callers?  Those callers shouldn't be calling at all!

These days? I am a young spritely kid of 72, but I started DXing about 1970 and the same things were true then as now. To quote David Byrne, "same as it ever was...". I have personally taken the position that this stuff is just human nature and if you want to be a DXer or a Contester, it's the price of admission. It's actually kind of rewarding when you make the QSO despite the efforts of those with troubled minds. So, I say suck it up, do your best to show a good example and don't contribute on air to the folks trying to spread chaos.

73, Kevin K3OX