Topband: CY9C

Michael Walker va3mw at portcredit.net
Sat Sep 7 17:12:18 EDT 2024

Hi Rudy

Essentially, he is using FlexRadios (FLEX-6700's and FLEX-6500's)  on the
island and a 900Mhz RF link for AF and command and control.  Not far off
what I do with my remote station except I use the internet and his is
900Mhz link is a TCP/IP RF link.

His CW operators are not even on the boat.  They are at home.  Same for his
Digital operators.  The SSB operators are on the boat.  This keeps his
expenses, such as food way down! :)

Next, he did genius work with the amplifiers, and you can watch the video
to learn more about how he kept the weight down and his work with water
cooling and  large capacitors.

For you, there is no reason why you can't move your RF parts to the base of
the tower(s).  Less coax means more RF out on the air and more RF into the
receiver(s).

All this equipment is available off the shelf today and it is plug and
play.  For an engineer like you, it is a child's play setup.

Mike va3mw