Guy wire grounding connections.

00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:34:41 -0500 (EST)

What I did was to use regular guy cable clamps to fasten short straight
lengths of guy wire to each guy near the anchor.  The short pieces (4 in
my case because there are four levels of guys) are then clamped together
in a clamp designed for gounding a copper ground wire to galvanized water
pipe.  These clamps are relatively cheap and designed to segregate the
copper wire from the galvanized pipe (wire).  The bundle of guy wire
stubs is put where the water pipe would normally go.  If you need to
increase  the effective diameter of the guy wire bundle, you can insert
short segments of extra guy wire in the middle of the bundle as "shims".
I put the pipe clamp about one foot above ground and use a heavy
copper ground wire from the small hole in the clamp down to the ground
rod.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu