Mosley MP-33 Tri-Bander

Bill Richarz wricharz@transprt.com
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 14:56:17 -0400

I have recently replaced the coils in my MP-33 Mosley Tri-Bander.  I have
triple checked their installation.  Everything appears to be correct
according to their manual.  In fact it appears it's almost impossible to
screw-up putting that beam together wrong, other than mixing up the
director/reflector traps, but even then if you take the measuments of the
antenna that are in the manual, they will not coincide if you put the traps
& coils in wrong somehow.

THE PROBLEM:  No FB ration, in fact the beam receives better off the back of
the beam.  Have tested this accross town to another station about 15 miles away.
The beam is on a 50' tower with a 10' mast in a Ham-M rotator.  The beam is
mounted about 2' above the top of the 50' tower.  No guys, no other antennas
on the tower, in fact nothing above 20' in my yard.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated...prehaps someone else has had
this problem with this particular beam, or some other beam.  Let your minds go
wild, cause I've tried about everything I can think of, plus Mosley's
suggestions.

73 de Bill WA4VAF