Burial of CATV hardline

Charlie Ocker ocker@chasind.com
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 15:27:07 -0500

Seeking the collective wisdom, opinions, comments, etc. from those who have gone
down this path before.

I have some aluminum 75 ohm 3/4" CATV hardline which I will use to feed the
antennas on my tower.  The tower is about 100' from my house.  Question:  Can I
bury the hardline directly and not worry about it, or is it better to pull it
through pvc or similiar conduit?  From an ease of installation standpoint, I'd
rather simply bury it.  I've never done it before, but intuition tells me that
pulling this stuff through conduit will be a real pain in the butt.  BTW, I live
in north central Illinois, and have aggregate-type soil (i.e. field stones).

I'll post a summary later.  Many thanks in advance.

73 es cul,
Charlie  KD5PJ/9	kd5pj@chasind.com