Hlp mnting vert upside dwn

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 02:09:45 -0500

>Because of the limited space available on my tower I am planning to mount a
>V2000A Diamond 6M/2M/70cm
>vert antenna upside down...sharing a mount with an X510 vert mounted right
>side up.
>I wonder if many out there have tried such a thing?
>What precautions should be taken to avoid trapping water in the fiberglass
>radome?
>What other problems have you found or would you expect to find?

Hi, Randy --

    Cellular omnidirectional antennas are installed upsidedown everyday.
 Just take pains to insure weatherproof integrity with butyl rubber (TOWER
TECH has it) or other weatherproofing material where the coax attaches to the
antenna and it should be no problem.  You'll want to drill a small weep hole
at the bottom (the old top) of the antenna for water evacuation.  Other than
that, enjoy it!

73,  Steve  K7LXC