Rohn bolts

n4si n4si@techinter.com
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 21:41:08 +0000

> 	A question:  Does anyone have a theory as to why Rohn uses fine
> thread on tower bolts?

Just an idea, with no claim to actual knowledge. My previous comments
about being able to back off SAE threads even through rust because of
the shallower thread angle, suggests an increased holding ability
without the necessity of lockwashers. Also, the fine thread would
allow easier installation through the zinc coating. Flame away.

> 	A comment:  When 1/4 or 5/16 inch SS galls, I've never had a
> problem breaking the bolt.

Do you mean you've never had a problem with a bolt breaking or
getting a bolt to break?

Isn't the English language great?

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE