TH7DX / 402-cd Info

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:25:54 -0500

>I have a TH7DX at 75 feet with a 402-CD mounted about 12ft above. Both booms
>are in the same plane.
>
>1. The 15m swr curve seems to mimic the plot for normal settings shown in
the
>manual but I have assembled it to the DX setting ( in fact the only setting
>given in the manual) can someone confirm the DX dimensions RDE-2 =838mm
>FDE-2 = 1067mm

Hi, Jan --

     A fine competitive setup!  If this were my antenna, I'd leave it alone.
 As you know, on a multi-band trapped antenna like this you change one thing
and it changes everything else.  You may spend a lot of time chasing a
negligible amount of reflected power.  But that's just my opinion.

>2. What power is the BN-86 rated at. Or put another way has anyone cooked
>one.

      1500 watts.  1501 watts and they open like a fuse.  Ust about EVERYONE
has cooked one at one time or other.

>3. I am at present using a sleve balun in preference to the BN-86. This has
>worked fine on my old 3ele tribander but was wondering if this could upset
>the TH7.

      This may be part of your 15M problem.  I've substitued different baluns
one the TH7 and none of them were as good SWR-wise as the Hy-Gain.  It might
be an interesting excercise to try substituting a different balun.  Let us
know what you find out.

73,  Steve  K7LXC