Concrete Curing

Scott Neader neader@centuryinter.net
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 02:03:44 -0500

>I'm wondering what the proper curing method for a concrete tower base is.  I
>have a home "do it yourself" book which claims that concrete should either be
>covered with plastic (to hold the moisture in) or burlap which is kept moist
>for about 5-7 days.
>
>I haven't in recent history seen any residential concrete work (driveways,
>sidewalks,etc.) which has received this type of curing.
>
>The type of tower base I'm interested is 3' X 3' X 4.5' deep for Rohn 45.  It
>seems to me that a tower base is much different than a driveway or sidewalk,
>and what happens at the surface will have little bearing on the concrete a
>foot down.
>
>Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance,
>
>Ron  AD7L  Hillsboro, Oregon

Hi Ron (and all).

John W3GOI asked this same question at one point and did a nice summary of
and DXers, at the following address:

        http://www.QTH.com/ka9fox/concrete_curing.txt

Hope this helps.

73 - Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / neader@centuryinter.net
Internet Solutions web: http://www.QTH.com/is   Ham web: http://www.QTH.com