tower base

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 12:10:15 -0400

>    I am putting up a tower and my question to be laid out is....in the
> installation of the rebar cage, what would be appropriate....12",16",24"
> or what for how close they should be tied together,(ie. on center)??
> The hole is 6x6x6 and is accomodating a 72' freestanding. Also, is
> there anything else I should consider before pouring concrete and/or
> closing up the ground? My ground ring I can do after concrete,but I'll
> take suggestions on that too. Hey, I want this to be a successful and
> enduring project, so I'm open to your advice.

Hi, Jeff --

     What kind of tower is it?  Height?  What does the manufacturer specify?
 You MUST follow the manufacturer's specs.  Failure to do so will result
in...well, failure.  The specs will include size of rebar, spacing, etc.  Are
you building your tower to the wind load rating for your location?  Is the
tower rated for the wind speed and antenna load you are planning?

      Would you like a copy of my guide "The 10 Most Common Tower Building
Mistakes"?  Send me your postal address and I'll be happy to send you a copy.
 I would recommend avoiding those mistakes.

73,  Steve   K7LXC