KLM KT34A CORROSION PROBLEM

Gerald J Kersus gjk@hogpa.ho.att.com
Mon, 8 Jul 96 11:56:44 EDT

K1KP wrote:

>1. Use non-metal-bearing joint compound (NOALOX) at the joints. I've
>never tried this; it's NOT what KLM reccommends, but it has been
>used and recommended by others, although never, to my knowledge, on
>a KT-34...

I have sucessfully used NOALOX on a KT-34A.  The stuff KLM sends (and
sells) with the KT-34 is different and works really well, but NOALOX (or
something similar) is readily available at local electrical supply houses.
I had a KT-34 up for about 7 years with no problems.  I now have a KT-34XA
up and I used the stuff KLM supplied for that.  It's been up about 3 years
with no problems with the joints.

Gerry, W1GD