Slow Mosley delivery - follow-up -Reply

Bryan Sparrowhawk SPARHAWK@avtcorp.com
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:42:09 -0800

Well said Nick ..
I work in an OEM company, and getting parts in any quantity .. and
especially onesy twosy orders is often measured in erratic Months.   The
basic choice made for Alan was "Lots of stock on hand with higher prices
to cover the cost of such ... versus ... the lower cost opposite, and
hopefully the savings was ultimately passed along to Alan.

The slow delivery certainly should be considered as 'inconvenient' as
opposed to 'fraudulent'.   The 'weeks' time frame didn't seem that unusual
to me.  I suppose, though,  I've still been spoiled by the 'fast food' mentality
somewhat.

de KD7LS

>>> Nick England <nick@cs.unc.edu> 07/25/96 09:55am >>>

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by mere incompetence.

I expect that Mosley is a fairly small outfit, and like any small business  there
are many times when things don't work out the way you'd like.
Parts don't arrive on time, money is tight, some personnel crisis disrupts
things, you discover a problem late in production, etc.
...snip..
Please, folks, help encourage the specialty manufacturers and suppliers for
the ham radio niche market - calling in the attorney general ought to be a
last resort if you are really dealing with a genuine crook, and not someone
who is suffering a not atypical glitch in the process.