STRENGTH OF A GUY ANCHOR

Richard Thorne - WB5M rthorne@ibm.net
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 22:47:44 -0700

Sorry about the last post which basically said nothing.

Questions to the tower experts:

I have a concrete roof that my tower will be mounted on.  I was
hoping to have retaining walls to drill horizontally through to
mount my guy anchors, however they don't exist.

What I'm trying to deterimine is if I should drill a hole and epoxy
a very large eyebolt (the forged type) into the roof or if I should
manufacture a steel plate that would be attached to the roof with a
couple of bolts epoxied in place.  I would weld some sort of attachement
to the plate for the equalizing plate.

Boy do I have a lot to do before the contest season starts.

73