[Fwd: Mosley vs Force 12]

Alex Evonosky alexevon@abraxis.com
Mon, 04 Nov 1996 20:22:16 -0500

At 07:57 PM 11/4/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello..
>About a week I posted the "Mosley vs Force12" question on the=20
>contest-reflector..It was probably not the ideal reflector to discuss
>this matter at that time I was not aware of this reflector and=20
>VE7TCP was down..
>Looking forward receiving your opinions and ideas..
>BTW it was not my intension to "kill" Mosley products..just wonna
>improve the multiband antennna set-up..
>Some of the replies I received so far suggested to go for LPY=B4s such
>as KLM and Tennadyne..
>
>Tnx in advance for any help..
>
>73 de ON7NQ Danny-------on7nq@glo.be--------

>Sender: owner-cq-contest@tgv.com
>Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 19:44:43 +0100
>From: on7nq@GLO.BE (Danny Mees)
>To: CQ-CONTEST@tgv.com
>CC: dx-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org
>Subject: Mosley vs Force 12

>Hello contesters/dx=B4ers
>
>Don=B4t know if it=B4s ok to use this reflector for this matter...Have=20
>also send this question to the Dx-reflector but seems like VE7TCP is
>down..
>
>I=B4m currently using a Mosley PRO67B on a 52ft self-supporting tower
>with a home made HAZER look-a-like elevation system.
>The 67B has been in service for 2 years now and tested under heavy
>conditions.I bought the 67B because it was the only 6 bander on the=20
>market and had some good comments from US contesters/dx=B4ers.
>Probably I talked to the wrong guys cause can=B4t say I=B4m entirely=20
>satisfied with the 67B.Mechanicly it=B4s a beauty but experienced a lack
>of gain and F/B..
>On 12&17 the 3 elements hardly work any better than a dipole (tested=20
>with a local ham)
>
>Last year I received a 94/95 Force12 catalog and looks like they are on
>the wright track..Lightweight elements and NO traps..
>Unfortunatly they don=B4t seem to have real substitude for the 67B.I=B4ve=
=20
>looked at the 5BA but has no 40M..guess my tower won=B4t handle a 40m
>beam on top of the 5BA..than I found the C4-XL.
>
>Now on to the question(s)..
>Has anyone made the change from a Mosley PRO67B to a Force 12 C4-XL ?
>If so what was the diffrence in performance and how well does the=20
>C4-XL work on 40m and WARC ? Knowing that an ATU is needed on WARC.
>Also like to know the spacing between the center of the boom and the
>first element left/right from the mast-to-boom connection.
>Enough spacing is required to be able to lower the beam with=20
>"HAZER-system"...
>

>Pse reply direct to on7nq@glo.be
>Will post summary if someone is interested.
>
>          TNX in advance..!
>
>                73 de ON7NQ Danny    on7nq@glo.be

My .02 worth.  I like the FORCE series.. Very reliable and very sensitive on
receive!
      =20
                       =20
				73,
		           Alex - KB4LBX                  =20
                          kb4lbx@amsat.org
               =20
      ________________________
     /       KB4LBX           |__________________________
   /      Alex Evonosky       |     OSCAR 10, 13         |_________________
  |      Alpharetta,  Ga      |    ATV  1.253 GHz        | FORCE 12 MAGNUM/
   \                          |   SSTV  14.230 MHz       |  BEAMS @  150'/
    \   ARRL AMSAT WAS WAC    |  PACKET LAN 145.07 MHz   | 3/4=3D80m,40m  /
     \________________________|   160-10/6/2/440/1.2     | 620=3D20m mono \=
=20

              - no code, no HF;  know code, know HF